Tiger Tones

Tuesday, May 29, 2007


Listen to 'Be Your Star' and you will think you are listening to a lost track from Bloc Party's Silent Alarm, I kid you not. The song is so good it probably would have been released as a single. Comparisons aside, Tiger Tones do have their own modern approach to music. The Christchurch quartet are an interesting bunch, they apparently all meet in a grain silo where they'd all gathered to record silence. But how things changed; the Tiger Tones are anything but silence, fitting into such genres as dance punk, indie electronica and new rave. Who new arcade computer game music would one day be adopted by the indie music community.
This wraps up the months feature on New Zealand Music. Hopefully all the artists have been enjoyed, and perhaps someone has a new favourite band.

Tiger Tones- Be Your Star: MP3


2 Comments:

At 10:08 pm, May 30, 2007, Blogger Peter said...

Hey man. You should really consider making it so the MP3s can be downloaded directly from your site. I came to brush up on my New Zealand music but when I discovered I would have to go to that savefile site every time I wanted something, i lost interest....just something to keep in mind. thanks peter

p.s. fileden is a decent one

 
At 3:29 am, May 31, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, great to see a New Zealand music blogger out there, I've been trying to grab hold of as much as I can while I'm still here (and I see you have the same Real Groovy comp as me :P, great CD). Keeping track of all the other bands you're posting here though, cheers for the Cut Off Your Hands track, that's awesome.

Check out my music blog, hopefully I won't be writing the same things down...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Music Blogs -  Blog Catalog Blog Directory

Rate Me on BlogHop.com!
the best pretty good okay pretty bad the worst help?

 Subscribe in a reader

Add Your Music Blog! Blog Directory